2. A Simple Year course – this is a year long course about simplifying your life in order to focus on what really matters. Each month, a different author will teach you about simplifying a certain area of your life.
You can take the usual approach and make a bunch of New Year’s resolutions, and fail at pretty much all of them. Or you can focus on one habit a month, and use proven techniques to make them stick.
At the end of a year, you’ll have 12 new habits. Even if only half of those habits managed to stick, your life would be greatly changed.
May I make a few suggestions?
- Aim for long-term changes that will have compound interest over the years.
- Make one change at a time for maximum effectiveness.
- Find accountability to help yourself stick to the changes.
- One per month means 12 changes for the year.
Here are the 12 changes I suggest for 2014:
- All-Day Mindfulness – in January we’re having a Month of Mindfulness in the Sea Change Program, focusing on
- Wake early
- Let go of expectations
- Simple living
- Improve relationships
Hopefully this approach leads you to much more success and positive change than just another New Year’s resolution that you fail again.
What is your focus or theme for January? And February? I’d love to know!