Eric Barker on his blog Barking Up the Wrong Tree posted an awesome article about setting and achieving goals. Here is a link to his post The last damn thing you’ll ever need to read about setting and achieving goals.
And here is a summary of the key points-
1. Why set goals? – Setting goals can improve your life, and studies show that it also makes you happier.
2. Set your goals aiming to learn and improve yourself, not to outdo someone else.
3. Writing your goals down makes you happier and much more likely to follow through with them.
4. Seeing progress is one of the most motivating aspects of achieving goals, so make the first few milestones easy, and make sure to track your progress.
5. The best things to do in order to achieve your goals is to: Make a step-by-step plan, tell people about it, record your progress, and reward yourself throughout the process.
Try the SMART Goals iPhone app for free – visit us at smartgoalsneverfail.com